The Rock City Project team is proud to announce the release date for the Rock City 2013 Album, a compilation of northeast Ohio’s best modern rock, soul, and funk artists. The album, co-produced by the musicians and producers of the Cleveland/Akron area along with the Rock City Project advisor board, is being mastered at KSD Studios in North Ridgeville in preparation for release on June 18.
To celebrate the release of the new album, we’ll be having an informal listening party at the Lakewood Quaker Steak and Lube on Detroit Rd. on the June 20. The party will begin at 7pm. We’ll listen to the new Rock City 2013 album as well as last year’s album, and you’ll have a chance to interact with the artists while we raise money for Easter Seals by selling CDs and Rock City Festival tickets, if any are left.
Can’t wait to see you there!
In the meantime, if you’re a retailer who would like carry or consign the Rock City 2013 Album, please email email@example.com. We are avidly seeking retail partners. If you know a store where you would like to see Rock City 2013 on the shelf–tell them!
Facts About the Album:
- Nearly 78 minutes in length
- 18 tracks (eighteen!)
- All tracks were written, recorded, and/or produced in Ohio
- Includes tracks from all Rock City Festival headliners
- Comes in a full-color commemorative offset-print sleeve and polywrap on a direct-printed compact disc
- Retail price will be $10.00, with net proceeds going to Easter Seals of Northern Ohio
- Will be available on iTunes, AmazonMP3, and Google Music after Rock City Festival
- Produced by Adrienne Kruzer and Gregory Boehnlein
- Mastered by D.J. Kruzer at KSD Studios in N. Ridgeville, Ohio
- Executive Produced by Teddy Wallingford
- Official release date: Tuesday, June 18
- Listening Party: Thursday, June 20 at Quaker Steak and Lube in Lakewood, Ohio
Rocco the Rockdog has got you hooked up with with Rock City tickets! Listen from 9 – 11 PM, on May 4th & 11th for your chance to win. This two day music and arts festival on July 26 and 27 celebrates the best rock, soul, funk and blues in the Rock Capital and benefits Easter Seals. For a complete line-up, check out the Festival Page.
Nearly 50 songs have been submitted to the Rock City Project over the last 12 months! The songs were submitted by artists from around Cleveland for our compilation of the best rock, funk, and soul songs from the northeast Ohio region produced in the last year. Our board has reviewed all the submissions and is excited to announce the artists whose songs will appear on this year’s album:
- Switchblade Scarlett
- Jay Guerrero
- Jeff Torrence
- Sean Benjamin & Lucky City
- The Chromes
- Lauren Lanzaretta
- Michael Bomback
- Nathan Hedges & The Imports
- Dreadlock Dave
- Samantha Fitzpatrick Band
- Dan Miraldi
- Emily Keener
- Welshly Arms
- Misty Gonzales
- The Floorwalkers
Stay tuned for a release date and a list of retail purchase locations, coming very soon!
We’re excited to announce that Rock City Festival will house a Bazarre filled with art, crafts, and interesting goods for sale on both days of the festival, July 26-27.
If you’re a painter, sculpter, jewelry maker, caricature artist, tie-dyer, or rare merchandise collector, this is the perfect opportunity to sell your wares at a high-profile music and arts festival in the peak of the Cleveland festival season. The best part– a 10×10′ vendor space is FREE.